Here’s an overview of how the party works:
1) Before the party your child will cast the roles and send guests their Character Card along with their invitation (you can use your own invitation or purchase our themed invites).
2) At the party, players introduce themselves through an Opening Speech.
3) Once the crime is announced, players become either Suspects or Detectives and act out dramatic scenes loaded with clues, evidence, and details about “whodunit.”
4) After each round of questioning, kids piece together the information and discuss their theories.
Think of the mystery as part dramatic play, part puzzle-solving, as kids act out scenes in order to solve a crime.
5) After hearing all of the clues and receiving additional evidence, kids fill out Crime Reports where they officially decide who they think did it and why.
6) The Host announces who did it and the criminal confesses!
Most kits also give the chance to be extra creative by making up commercials, songs, or skits.